1. I would advocate that a trip on the Star Ferry throughout the harbour is something to positively experience. It’s wonderful to see the individuals who have made a life on the harbour fishing and existing in the course of the city. There may be also an unimaginable floating restaurant on the harbour the place you may expertise great culinary delights.
2. Taking the tram to the highest of Victoria Peak is also something to expertise in case you have made the trouble to go all the way in which to Hong Kong.
The air pollution is one thing to expertise in itself and going to the peak would finest be achieved earlier than it gets too unhealthy if you wish to see the sights. Typically though even if the view is dangerous, there are a few lads who will take your image and superimpose it on an image of what you’ll have seen on a transparent day – fairly enjoyable !
3. Ocean Park is a full-blown amusement park. There is a well-liked Dragon Curler Coaster, Ferris wheel and other white knuckle rides. There’s a marine park with a Shark Aquarium that can interest the younger guests to Hong Kong.
You will also see a traditional Chinese style village the place street festivals add exciting color to the whole ambiance.
four. Wong Tai Sin is probably the most well-known and temple within the metropolis and can also be the busiest. The temple is a shocking example of a traditional Chinese temple. What stood out to me once I visited was the temple was the clouds of smoke and the extreme smell from the incense sticks that the visitors had been burning. The Chinese language consider that by burning these sticks that they are going to have luck. It is a free to go to the temple (donations are welcome).
5. Yuen Po Avenue Fowl Market. There are tons of of unique birds in equally unique cages as shopping for a chook seems to be a enterprise matter in Hong Kong. Individuals spend hours with these birds and I was informed that customers will only purchase a bird if the bird chooses them. It is thought-about to be bad luck to purchase a chook that isn’t joyful as the birds happiness is of utmost significance to Hong Kongians.
6. If you are a shopaholic then a visit Stanley Market is a must. It is possible for you to to choose up bargains for a fraction of the worth the are sold for in town. This can be a goo time to mention to not buy anything from a shop in the primary metropolis that doesn’t have a reputation / board of the shop front. Shopkeepers in these outlets could nicely take your cash and tell you that they don’t have the goods in stock. They then take your lodge particulars and promise to bring the items that you have paid for to your resort and guess what? They don’t.
Repulse Bay is the most famous seashore in Hong Kong, apparently so named because the British army had seen off some pirates in olden instances! This can be a popular destination for the Chinese language folks and might become so packed that there isn’t any room to sit down!
November is the very best time to go if you want to avoid the rush and the temperature continues to be a comfortably warm 70 degrees.